Monday, January 16, 2012

Oh, China

What a crazy China day. Is there any other kind? (I am sure now that my family has visited, they will know exactly what I am talking about) I am far too tired to go into detail about everything that happened so I will fill you in up until this point.

The Chinese celebrate two years: the western New Year (January 1st) and the lunar calendar New Year. It is a big celebratory time during which citizens go back to their hometowns and work (well, mine at least) give three or so weeks off.

My immediate family has been itching to pee in a squatty potty and get stared/honked at wherever they go, so we decided that my time off was the perfect opportunity for them to come visit. They didn't have to rough it entirely as they stayed at one of the nicest hotels in the city for a fraction of the same chain in America.

They enjoyed the offerings of my medium-sized (for China) city including a KTV session (Chinese karaoke), Chinese rush hour, hiking, etc. After three days of work/play with the family, my 3.5 weeks of time off officially started on Saturday. Sunday found the entire family on a plane to Guilin for three days of exploring one of the most scenic parts of China. Of which I will go into detail in my next post. 再见

No comments:

Post a Comment